"So far my "extra" include:
1) 6 ft ice dam protection. I live in the north of Boston
2) 6 nails per shingle
3) 30 lb paper
4) option for 50 year shingles to cost extra $ 800"
Some of the 'extras' should not be offered as 'extras' since they are code or manufacturer requirements.
1. Ice and water shield is a code requirement.
2. 6 nails per shingle is a code and manfacturer's requirement for architectural shingles and may be more depedning upon wind loads and roof slopes.
3. 30 lb paper may not be required or necessary but won't hurt. But doubled layers of felt paper is required for slopes between 2:12 ans 4:12 by some codes.
4. Your choice and probably the only 'extra' you should have to pay for.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!