"So far my "extra" include:
1) 6 ft ice dam protection. I live in the north of Boston
2) 6 nails per shingle
3) 30 lb paper
4) option for 50 year shingles to cost extra $ 800"
Some of the 'extras' should not be offered as 'extras' since they are code or manufacturer requirements.
1. Ice and water shield is a code requirement.
2. 6 nails per shingle is a code and manfacturer's requirement for architectural shingles and may be more depedning upon wind loads and roof slopes.
3. 30 lb paper may not be required or necessary but won't hurt. But doubled layers of felt paper is required for slopes between 2:12 ans 4:12 by some codes.
4. Your choice and probably the only 'extra' you should have to pay for.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips