"So far my "extra" include:
1) 6 ft ice dam protection. I live in the north of Boston
2) 6 nails per shingle
3) 30 lb paper
4) option for 50 year shingles to cost extra $ 800"
Some of the 'extras' should not be offered as 'extras' since they are code or manufacturer requirements.
1. Ice and water shield is a code requirement.
2. 6 nails per shingle is a code and manfacturer's requirement for architectural shingles and may be more depedning upon wind loads and roof slopes.
3. 30 lb paper may not be required or necessary but won't hurt. But doubled layers of felt paper is required for slopes between 2:12 ans 4:12 by some codes.
4. Your choice and probably the only 'extra' you should have to pay for.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps