"So far my "extra" include:
1) 6 ft ice dam protection. I live in the north of Boston
2) 6 nails per shingle
3) 30 lb paper
4) option for 50 year shingles to cost extra $ 800"
Some of the 'extras' should not be offered as 'extras' since they are code or manufacturer requirements.
1. Ice and water shield is a code requirement.
2. 6 nails per shingle is a code and manfacturer's requirement for architectural shingles and may be more depedning upon wind loads and roof slopes.
3. 30 lb paper may not be required or necessary but won't hurt. But doubled layers of felt paper is required for slopes between 2:12 ans 4:12 by some codes.
4. Your choice and probably the only 'extra' you should have to pay for.
What do you do when your house was built about 50 years ago with no soffits. You can't add soffit vents when there isn't a soffit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects