"So far my "extra" include:
1) 6 ft ice dam protection. I live in the north of Boston
2) 6 nails per shingle
3) 30 lb paper
4) option for 50 year shingles to cost extra $ 800"
Some of the 'extras' should not be offered as 'extras' since they are code or manufacturer requirements.
1. Ice and water shield is a code requirement.
2. 6 nails per shingle is a code and manfacturer's requirement for architectural shingles and may be more depedning upon wind loads and roof slopes.
3. 30 lb paper may not be required or necessary but won't hurt. But doubled layers of felt paper is required for slopes between 2:12 ans 4:12 by some codes.
4. Your choice and probably the only 'extra' you should have to pay for.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers