As for me, the only thing buzzing in my house is my husband's alarm clock at 5:30 every morning!
What's buzzing at your house?
An invasion of honeybees at Bob's house demanded an immediate solution. (see tips from his bee specialist). What about you? Have you had unexpected issues crop up at your house? Do you follow a regular schedule of home maintenance to keep things in good shape and to prevent problems?
One winter a few years ago my husband had used the hose outside to spray something off on a warmer day and forgot to remove it from the faucet afterwards. A few days later I was in the laundry room while he was outside and suddenly water started pouring from the ceiling. Fortunately my parents were visiting and my dad was nearby to know enough that it was my husband using the faucet outside causing the flood inside. We got it shut off, put a new faucet in and pulled up the carpeting to dry everything out in the basement. It could have been worse but it was enough of a lesson for us to always remove the hose from the faucet and have the freeze proof faucets outside!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers