When we go on vacation we turn off the water to the house and are wondering if putting our gas hot water heater on the vacation setting is sufficient considering the water is shut off. We are usually gone for a two to four weeks. Thank you.
Yes,that is what you want to do. It will keep the burner from coming on and the pilot will prevent condensation from forming.
One last question. We just had a new Bradford White hot water heater installed today and it doesn't have a vacation setting like our old one did. It has one dial with very hot...hot...low...pilot. Should I be setting it on low or pilot when we go on vacation? Thanks.
Help with gas requirements for a on demand water hea...
air in water pipe
high pressure in water lines
Loosing water pressure
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING