We're considering have a french drain system installed in our unfinished basement to collect water that comes in every Spring where the foundation walls meet the cement floor. Our foundation walls are cement block and we've been told that due to the age of our house it's quite likely there is no footing supporting the walls. Will putting in a french drain system, with a trench as much as 15" deep that's back filled with irregularly shaped washed stone, impact the integrity of the walls? Any comments or suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Installing french drain in house without foundation ...
Interior french drain + 2 sumps pumps
Foundation walls (full basement) built on slab? Inst...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers