i recently bought a home that is approx. 35 yrs old. i am currently remodeling the kitchen and adding an island. there is a ceiling fan above the island and i would like to remove it and add a few pendant lights. does anyone know how i can do this without damaging the heat wires in the ceiling? i really dont want to rip out the whole ceiling....
"does anyone know how i can do this without damaging the heat wires in the ceiling? " I'm curious and ignorant. What are heat wires?
radiant heat is wires running throughout the ceiling. this is the only heat we have in the house. it is between the sheet rock and plaster in the ceiling...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects