i recently bought a home that is approx. 35 yrs old. i am currently remodeling the kitchen and adding an island. there is a ceiling fan above the island and i would like to remove it and add a few pendant lights. does anyone know how i can do this without damaging the heat wires in the ceiling? i really dont want to rip out the whole ceiling....
"does anyone know how i can do this without damaging the heat wires in the ceiling? " I'm curious and ignorant. What are heat wires?
radiant heat is wires running throughout the ceiling. this is the only heat we have in the house. it is between the sheet rock and plaster in the ceiling...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips