i recently bought a home that is approx. 35 yrs old. i am currently remodeling the kitchen and adding an island. there is a ceiling fan above the island and i would like to remove it and add a few pendant lights. does anyone know how i can do this without damaging the heat wires in the ceiling? i really dont want to rip out the whole ceiling....
"does anyone know how i can do this without damaging the heat wires in the ceiling? " I'm curious and ignorant. What are heat wires?
radiant heat is wires running throughout the ceiling. this is the only heat we have in the house. it is between the sheet rock and plaster in the ceiling...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!