Our bath vinyl sheeting floor is in excellent shape. What do people think about us having it put over the vinyl? Does something need to cover the vinyl first? The floor is very straight and the vinyl w/out problems. If not, what do you recommend? Thanks!
If it's on concrete and firmly glued down, it shouldn't be a problem to just install over it. If you're installing over vinyl attached to a sub floor, that requires a little more work. You need to screw down a half inch concrete board before tiling. Make sure you use screws that won't rust. If that makes the floor too high, they do sell some thinner material that's just as strong. You just need to make sure the floor doesn't have bounce or you'll end up with cracked tile or mortar.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
vinyl tile over vinyl tile....?
Ceramic Tile Installation Over Vinyl Flooring
Follow up to ceramic tile over oak floor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!