Our bath vinyl sheeting floor is in excellent shape. What do people think about us having it put over the vinyl? Does something need to cover the vinyl first? The floor is very straight and the vinyl w/out problems. If not, what do you recommend? Thanks!
If it's on concrete and firmly glued down, it shouldn't be a problem to just install over it. If you're installing over vinyl attached to a sub floor, that requires a little more work. You need to screw down a half inch concrete board before tiling. Make sure you use screws that won't rust. If that makes the floor too high, they do sell some thinner material that's just as strong. You just need to make sure the floor doesn't have bounce or you'll end up with cracked tile or mortar.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
vinyl tile over vinyl tile....?
Ceramic Tile Installation Over Vinyl Flooring
vinyl tile over old vinyl AND concrete???
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING