Our bath vinyl sheeting floor is in excellent shape. What do people think about us having it put over the vinyl? Does something need to cover the vinyl first? The floor is very straight and the vinyl w/out problems. If not, what do you recommend? Thanks!
If it's on concrete and firmly glued down, it shouldn't be a problem to just install over it. If you're installing over vinyl attached to a sub floor, that requires a little more work. You need to screw down a half inch concrete board before tiling. Make sure you use screws that won't rust. If that makes the floor too high, they do sell some thinner material that's just as strong. You just need to make sure the floor doesn't have bounce or you'll end up with cracked tile or mortar.
laying ceramic tile over old existing ceramic tile
vinyl tile over vinyl tile....?
Ceramic Tile Installation Over Vinyl Flooring
vinyl tile over old vinyl AND concrete???
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers