I have just bought a great little mountain cabin which has cedar siding. The colour is fine, but i will treat it next time I am there. The previuos owner used Thompsons. I am concerned about wildfire and wondered if there is something like Thompsons that is fire-retardant.
I am not sure if there is an exterior fire resistant coating but remember the key word is resistant not fire proof and I would imagine if the wildfire got bad enough a coating on the wood will not save the house.
I agree - to fireproof it I would need to use CMUs or metal siding. I didnt like the idea of coating a flammable surface with something even more flammable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love