I have just bought a great little mountain cabin which has cedar siding. The colour is fine, but i will treat it next time I am there. The previuos owner used Thompsons. I am concerned about wildfire and wondered if there is something like Thompsons that is fire-retardant.
I am not sure if there is an exterior fire resistant coating but remember the key word is resistant not fire proof and I would imagine if the wildfire got bad enough a coating on the wood will not save the house.
I agree - to fireproof it I would need to use CMUs or metal siding. I didnt like the idea of coating a flammable surface with something even more flammable.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight