I have just bought a great little mountain cabin which has cedar siding. The colour is fine, but i will treat it next time I am there. The previuos owner used Thompsons. I am concerned about wildfire and wondered if there is something like Thompsons that is fire-retardant.
I am not sure if there is an exterior fire resistant coating but remember the key word is resistant not fire proof and I would imagine if the wildfire got bad enough a coating on the wood will not save the house.
I agree - to fireproof it I would need to use CMUs or metal siding. I didnt like the idea of coating a flammable surface with something even more flammable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!