I have just bought a great little mountain cabin which has cedar siding. The colour is fine, but i will treat it next time I am there. The previuos owner used Thompsons. I am concerned about wildfire and wondered if there is something like Thompsons that is fire-retardant.
I am not sure if there is an exterior fire resistant coating but remember the key word is resistant not fire proof and I would imagine if the wildfire got bad enough a coating on the wood will not save the house.
I agree - to fireproof it I would need to use CMUs or metal siding. I didnt like the idea of coating a flammable surface with something even more flammable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects