I have just bought a great little mountain cabin which has cedar siding. The colour is fine, but i will treat it next time I am there. The previuos owner used Thompsons. I am concerned about wildfire and wondered if there is something like Thompsons that is fire-retardant.
I am not sure if there is an exterior fire resistant coating but remember the key word is resistant not fire proof and I would imagine if the wildfire got bad enough a coating on the wood will not save the house.
I agree - to fireproof it I would need to use CMUs or metal siding. I didnt like the idea of coating a flammable surface with something even more flammable.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!