I am getting a new roof installed next week. I currently do not have a ridge vent, I have two power vents fans, a couple of static and a drip edge vent.
With the new roof I will get a ridge vent and soffit vents.
The roofer recommended that I remove the powered attic vents ( they are 12 years old)and staic vents . He thinks the power vent will conflict with ridge and soffit combo. I leaning toward leaving them in since they work thermostat and humidstat. I was also thinking of buying new ones. He will remove the old ones and install the new ( except electrical work) at no charge. What do you think ? I am ok with removing the staic vents Thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight