- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 10: Interior Wall Panels and Flooring
Touring the Tremont Nail Mill
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 10, Part 3
Bob Ryley is installing a paneling system in the dining room that was modeled after the Winslow-Crocker home in Yarmouthport, MA. Howard Brickman is putting the finishing touches on the floor before joining Bob at the site of a sister project. Also, a new Carlisle Eastern White Pine floor is being installed in an upstairs bedroom to give it an antique feel. All the while, Howard is using cut nails from the Tremont Nail factory, which Bob tours.
- Part 1: Fabricating and Installing Colonial-Style Wood Wall Panels
- Part 2: Installing Hardwood Flooring with Screws and Plugs
- Part 3: Touring the Tremont Nail Mill
- Bob and crew travel to Wareham, MA., to visit the Tremont Nail Mill. Tremont Nail, manufacturer of the cut nails used in the antique pine flooring installation in the modern Colonial's sister house, still makes use of original production equipment dating back to the mid-to late-1800s. The tour, which looks at the machinery as well as the nails it produces, offers a glimpse of turn-of-the century manufacturing in New England.
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?