- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 22: Interior Craftwork
Wall Stenciling, Continued
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 22, Part 4
Bob focuses on the decorative interior finish work at the modern Colonial. First, he meets New England artisans Polly and Ken Forcier, who stenciling in the parlor. Ken explains how he uses a series of stencils to create a multi-layer design, and Bob tries his hand at the process. Offsite, Bob tours a selection of famous parlors featuring American decorative arts.
- Part 1: Wall Stenciling
- Part 2: Tour the Tappahannock Room at Winterthur
- Part 3: Touring the Blackwell Parlor at Winterthur
- Part 4: Wall Stenciling, Continued
- Bob looks on as artisan Ken Forcier applies the second "layer" of the stencil he's using to decorate in the parlor of the modern Colonial. For this layer, Forcier has chosen an ochre hue to complement the first shade of blue.
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?