- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 3: Working on the Roof
Installing the Engineered Wood Flooring System
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 3, Part 1
The blitz build continues, and the roof framing begins. Bob meets with Lise LaFrance of the Engineered Wood Association, APA, to talk about the different engineered lumber products, including i-joists, being used on the house. Also, Bob tours the Willamette plant in Oregon where the i-joists are made. Back in Yonkers, Steve Thompson (from Habitat) leads the volunteers in raising the giant ridge beam. Carpenter Bob Ryley and Bob talk through the framing process and report on the progress of the house so far.
- Part 1: Installing the Engineered Wood Flooring System
- Back at the Habitat Blitz Build in Yonkers the crew is using a crane to install the floor system, while Bob confers with Lisa LaFrance (from the Engineered Wood Association).
- Part 2: Manufacturing the Engineered Wood Floor Joists
- Part 3: Setting the Glulam Ridge Beam and Structural Insulated Roof Panels
Bob Vila introduces the latest in sustainable materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity build. This project documents a five-day process that transformed an empty lot into a snug, comfortable, and sustainable home in Yonkers, NY.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Flooring & Stairs