- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 6: Siding and Drywall
Installing the Siding
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 6, Part 3
Volunteers are still hard at work in Yonkers, and it's time for siding. Bob talks to some volunteers about the SmartSystem installation process, and then takes us to the Louisiana-Pacific facility in Two Harbors, Minnesota where we'll learn more about the materials used. Inside the house, the blitz build is in full force as a team of workers apply the drywall utilizing special pre-finished corners in record time.
- Part 1: Touring the LP Engineered Wood Siding Plant
- Part 2: Plastering the Walls
- Part 3: Installing the Siding
- Volunteers are on-site at the Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build in Yonkers, NY, working hard on the siding. Bob talks to some of the volunteers about the installation process, and also with Dave Probst (from Louisiana Pacific).
Bob Vila introduces the latest in sustainable materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity build. This project documents a five-day process that transformed an empty lot into a snug, comfortable, and sustainable home in Yonkers, NY.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?