- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Lifespan House > Episode 12: Completing the Living Room
Installing a Reclaimed Heart Pine Floor
Project: Lifespan House, Episode 12, Part 1
Workers are installing a new living room floor, made from reclaimed lumber, which is gathered from old buildings and torn-down houses. On the porch, new handmade lanterns, designed by Charleston craftsman John Gantt, are going up. Also, new Whirlpool Energy Star appliances are being installed.
- Part 1: Installing a Reclaimed Heart Pine Floor
- Carpenter Bob Ryley and contractor Grady Garrett install a reclaimed Yellow Pine hardwood floor, with Grady offering tips on how to ensure a square installation.
- Part 2: Installing Stair Handrails and Balusters
- Part 3: Reviewing the Interior Design Upstairs
Bob Vila heads to the Low Country: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Steeped in tradition, this historic suburb of Charleston is the scene, not only of a remarkable new home, but of a remarkable transformation in suburban living at the developing community of I'On.
ALL EPISODES IN LIFESPAN HOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?