- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Executive Mansion > Episode 1: Governor's Mansion Tour
Tour of the Mansion's Dining Room and Kitchen
Project: Executive Mansion, Episode 1, Part 4
The governor's mansion in Richmond, VA is under major renovation. After touring some of Richmond's sights and sounds, Bob joins Roxane Gilmore, the erstwhile first lady of the state. Preservationist Fred Ecker removing the mantel for restoration and talks about how innovation and historic preservation are both part of the design of the plan.
- Part 1: Tour of Richmond, VA
- Part 2: Governor's Mansion Tour
- Part 3: Tour of the Mansion's Ballroom and Living Quarters
- Part 4: Tour of the Mansion's Dining Room and Kitchen
- Bob and Roxane Gilmore continue touring the governor's mansion in Richmond, VA. After enjoying the highlights of the dining room, the discussion turns to the basement kitchen, which is no longer adequate.
In Richmond, Virginia, the oldest continuously occupied governor's mansion in America is in need of serious repairs, and Bob Vila's team is there to help. Projects include the complete overhaul and modernization of the basement to include a state-of-the-art caterer's kitchen for official functions, all new mechanical systems, and updates for handicapped accessibility.
ALL EPISODES IN EXECUTIVE MANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?