- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Loft Conversion > Episode 7: Installing Plumbing Fixtures
Pergo Floor Installation
Bob and plumber Elie Ghazali install some cutting-edge Kohler plumbing fixtures in the bathroom: an electrically powered full-body shower tower and a dual-speed pressurized toilet. The rest of the loft is getting a beautiful, easy-care engineered Pergo wood laminate floor in both beech and cherry finishes.
Bob Vila highlights the world of stylish city living by chronicling the conversion of a loft apartment in Boston's Leather District. This unit is getting a top-of-the-line treatment: cutting edge design, custom-made furniture and casework, sleek modern fixtures, and up-to-date appliances.
Also from Loft Conversion
Bob takes a walking tour of some of Boston's best-preserved antique commercial buildings in the Leather District with architectural historian Brian Pfeiffer, ultimately winding up at the gracious brick front of the project building on Atlantic Avenue.<br> <br> The developers, Neal and Ron Gold, have gotten started converting this old fur storage building to residential loft space. Architect Greg Rochlin and carpenter Bob Ryley are on-site to consult about the possibilities for this unit.
Window installation gets underway in the project apartment, six stories above Atlantic Avenue, after Bob inspects the basement to see how the plumbing and heating installations are coming along. Also, Dan McNichol takes Bob down into the bowels of the earth to see how Boston's famous highway project, the "Big Dig", is progressing.
The plastering crew is hard at work on stilts, while Bob goes on a field trip to Cambridge, where world-renowned landscape architect Martha Schwartz has made a spacious, and imaginative, home and office out of an industrial building on the railroad tracks. Back at our site, the architect and designer have modeled some intriguing ideas for Bob.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide