- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Building Green > Episode 1: Building Green Pilot
Tour an Earth-Bermed House in Upstate New York
Project: Building Green, Episode 1, Part 3
- Part 1: Tour an Affordable Green Apartment Building
- Part 2: Tour a Salvaged Home with the Latest Green Technologies
- Part 3: Tour an Earth-Bermed House in Upstate New York
- Bob visits with architect Alan Shope who has built a unique earth-bermed house at his farm in Upstate New York. Alan has used recycled building materials and completed his construction without sacrificing good design and while leaving a neutral carbon footprint on the environment.
In Bob’s new Building Green Web series, he focuses on green projects that are embracing the cleanest and most efficient technologies. He demystifies green home design and construction as well as the myth that building green has to mean building expensively or unattractively. His premise is that homes are where people can make the biggest difference, and he not only demonstrates how – he shows viewers how they can put changes into place that will actually save them money while saving the planet. Whether he’s touring a contemporary urban apartment complex in the South Bronx, NY, a Georgian Colonial house in Westchester that had to rebuild after extensive mold damage, or an earth-bermed house made of salvaged materials in upstate New York, he helps people save the best of the past while incorporating the newest advances.
ALL EPISODES IN BUILDING GREEN
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?