- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 3: Reconditioning the Windows
Fixing Old Double-Hung Windows
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 3, Part 1
Bob observes the reconditioning of the original Sears kit house windows. Then, he takes a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House, which is just over the hill in Hollywood. On the back porch, the contractors are disguising the steel supports for the roof by sleeving them into wooden columns.
- Part 1: Fixing Old Double-Hung Windows
- Bob meets with carpenter Cortney Lofton, who is rehabilitating some old double-hung windows with new nylon-braided sash cords and kerf-in thermoplastic weather stripping.
- Part 2: Tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House
- Part 3: Framing the Back Porch
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Doors & Windows