- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 3: Reconditioning the Windows
Framing the Back Porch
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 3, Part 3
Bob observes the reconditioning of the original Sears kit house windows. Then, he takes a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House, which is just over the hill in Hollywood. On the back porch, the contractors are disguising the steel supports for the roof by sleeving them into wooden columns.
- Part 1: Fixing Old Double-Hung Windows
- Part 2: Tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Hollyhock House
- Part 3: Framing the Back Porch
- Bob reviews progress on the joist system being constructed for the new back porch. The concrete has been poured and framing has begun.
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?