- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 6: Swimming Pool and Porch
Swimming Pool Construction
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 6, Part 1
The pool crew is on-site to finish up the rebar and to begin spraying on the gunnite. Bob talks about the budget with homeowner Gavin, and takes a look at how the porch is taking shape. Also, a new, unique set of French doors is installed in the master bedroom.
- Part 1: Swimming Pool Construction
- Larry Long (from Anthony & Sylvan Pools) explains the excavation and preliminary work of building a new pool. Reinforcing rods are used to help the concrete hold its shape, and to form the outer steps. And Larry shows off the filtering system.
- Part 2: Sheathing the Back Porch Roof
- Part 3: Custom Door Installation
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?