- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Malibu Beach House > Episode 2: House Tour
Adamson Estate Museum Tour
Bob tours his the Malibu beach house with contractor Joe Fitzgerald. The two discuss structural improvements that could be made. Next, Bob tours the Adamson Estate Museum for a look at authentic California-Spanish architecture. Back on the site, architects present their plans to convert the beach shack into a Cal-Span showcase home for the 90s.
- Part 1: Touring the Malibu Beach House
- Part 2: Adamson Estate Museum Tour
- Bob tours the Adamson Estate Museum, just down the beach from the project house, where he gets a look at authentic California-Spanish architecture. The home features recessed windows, exposed exterior beams, and Spanish-style roof tiling. As part of the design, there are also many Moorish characteristics, in addition to a traditional Spanish courtyard.
- Part 3: The Architects Present Plans
Bob Vila transforms a California beach house on stilts into an elegant Spanish-style villa, worthy of its glamorous location—Malibu. Projects include an elegant winding staircase, a state-of-the-art sprinkler system, environmentally friendly blown-in cellulose insulation, and seismic code compliance.
Also from Malibu Beach House
In sunny California, Bob goes on a helicopter tour over Los Angeles. Afterward, he and a realtor tour some potential houses for him to remodel as his next project. Upon winding up in Malibu, Bob decides to undertake an ambitious overhaul of a beach house in one of America's most exclusive neighborhoods.
Bob and the architects review the newly completed caissons, and demolition continues-- a tree from the courtyard is removed, the roof is torn off, and the question of what to do with the debris is considered. Also, Bob installs a grade beam in the garage to comply with California seismic code.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING