- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 3: Framing Partitions
Removing and Relocating Windows
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 3, Part 2
Homeowner Linda Gallagher takes Bob through the newly framed first floor, while carpenters relocate a window upstairs in order to make way for the new master bathroom. Bob explains the start-to-finish partition framing on the second floor-- from plans to measuring, cutting, and assembling.
- Part 1: Architectural Details and Framing
- Part 2: Removing and Relocating Windows
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley look at the corner of the house, where the sidewall has been removed to reveal the plywood and Douglas fir sheathing. Next, Bob helps Ryley move a window into the space that's been left open in the framing to receive it.
- Part 3: Putting Up the Second Floor Exterior Wall
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?