- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 9: Bookshelf Construction and Installation
Building a Bookcase
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 9, Part 1
Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley put together some bookshelves in the shop, then build them into the new family room. That room also gets a cozy window seat, and a contractor demonstrates how to trim out the new sliding door.
- Part 1: Building a Bookcase
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley meet in the workshop to build a set of bookcases for the home. Ryley demonstrates the various cuts and joining methods used to make the furniture sturdy. Face plates are added for a finished look.
- Part 2: Trimming French Patio Doors
- Part 3: Installing a Window Seat
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?