- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 6: Insulating the Garage
Installing Insulspan Structural Insulated Panels
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 6, Part 1
The framing is complete, and the crew is now attaching the Insulspan panels. Insulspan is an all-in-one wall product consisting of rigid foam insulation sandwiched between two sheets of sheathing material. In this case, it's oriented strand board, or OSB. To see where this OSB comes from, Bob takes a tour of the plant in Alberta, Canada. Back on site, carpenter Bob Ryley demonstrates how to hang a salvaged door.
- Part 1: Installing Insulspan Structural Insulated Panels
- Bob and contractor Bob Ryley review the Insulspan structural insulated panels (SIPs). These Styrofoam panels save steps in construction, since they include structural stability, insulation, sidewall, and interior drywall.
- Part 2: Tour of an Ainsworth Lumber Mill
- Part 3: Installing a Salvaged Door
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?