- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 9: Installing Protective Features
Installing a Lightning Rod
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 9, Part 2
In what Bob calls "the paranoia show", all sorts of protection features for the new storage barn are installed. J&G Lightning Protection Inc. puts in an attractive new take on the lightning rod concept. Plus, Cape Cod Alarm installs motion detectors inside the barn, and Grinnell Co. finishes up the new fire suppression, or sprinkler, system.
- Part 1: Installing a Fire Sprinkler System
- Part 2: Installing a Lightning Rod
- J & G Lightning Protection, Inc. installs a lightning rod system that will draw lightning toward the two copper rods, which perch on the garage roof. The copper poles connect to cables, which then run down the side of the building into the ground.
- Part 3: Discussing the Home Security System
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Roofing & Siding