- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 12: Setting Up the Workshop and Garage
Staining the Interior
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 12, Part 1
With the barn nearly complete, Bob gets busy staining the interior, adding a Speed-Rail to the staircase, and creating a state-of-the-art workshop. With a truckload of new tools and some help from the world's fastest race car driver at the time, Lyn St. James, Bob begins setting up the automotive garage.
- Part 1: Staining the Interior
- Bob helps painting contractor Milo Moran roll solid stain over the yellow pine plywood walls on the boat storage side of the garage. Though not often applied inside, a single coat of stain adds color without completely eliminating the wood texture.
- Part 2: Stair Rail Construction
- Part 3: Talking Indy Race Cars With Lyn St. James
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN