- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Greenhouse > Episode 1: House Tour and Demolition
Plans for the Greenhouse
Project: Greenhouse, Episode 1, Part 2
Bob begins the state-of-the-art greenhouse project by visiting Boston's most famous solarium, that of the quirky and romantic Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Back at the project site, Bob meets the homeowner, tours the existing house, and discusses plans for the addition with the architect. Contractor Bob Ryley begins demolition.
- Part 1: Tour of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Part 2: Plans for the Greenhouse
- Bob, the architect, and the homeowner discuss plans for the new greenhouse. The exact position of the greenhouse in relation to the existing house is chosen so as to maximize the amount of southern light the space receives in the colder months.
- Part 3: Demolition of the Front Porch
Bob Vila heads to Cape Cod in the dead of winter to watch over the construction of a custom, high-tech greenhouse. The design and construction of a new addition to the front of an existing house afforded the creation of this conservatory and of a new front entry pavilion that features a mahogany pergola supported by limestone columns.
ALL EPISODES IN GREENHOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN