- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Greenhouse > Episode 6: Installing Windows and Glass Walls
Project: Greenhouse, Episode 6, Part 2
The green house and the entry pavilion structures receive their specially insulated windows and glass walls. Each will be sealed with two techniques: slope glazing and butt glazing. Also, Bob looks at the homeowner's new potting benches, which were specially designed for the space by the architect and made to order in the wood shop.
- Part 1: Greenhouse Glass Installation
- Part 2: Bench Construction
- The wood has arrived for the perimeter benches, so Bob and contractor Bob Ryley begin constructing the architect-designed benches for the greenhouse. The wood is a cypress, which is excellent in damp environments.
- Part 3: Installing the Greenhouse Windows
Bob Vila heads to Cape Cod in the dead of winter to watch over the construction of a custom, high-tech greenhouse. The design and construction of a new addition to the front of an existing house afforded the creation of this conservatory and of a new front entry pavilion that features a mahogany pergola supported by limestone columns.
ALL EPISODES IN GREENHOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?