- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Greenhouse > Episode 6: Installing Windows and Glass Walls
Installing the Greenhouse Windows
Project: Greenhouse, Episode 6, Part 3
The green house and the entry pavilion structures receive their specially insulated windows and glass walls. Each will be sealed with two techniques: slope glazing and butt glazing. Also, Bob looks at the homeowner's new potting benches, which were specially designed for the space by the architect and made to order in the wood shop.
- Part 1: Greenhouse Glass Installation
- Part 2: Bench Construction
- Part 3: Installing the Greenhouse Windows
- Contractor Bob Ryley shows off the greenhouse's motorized windows. At the touch of a button, or via a thermostat, the windows open and close. Bob helps Ryley assemble and install the fiberglass-framed windows.
Bob Vila heads to Cape Cod in the dead of winter to watch over the construction of a custom, high-tech greenhouse. The design and construction of a new addition to the front of an existing house afforded the creation of this conservatory and of a new front entry pavilion that features a mahogany pergola supported by limestone columns.
ALL EPISODES IN GREENHOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Doors & Windows