- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 3: Framing and Chimney
Brick Plant Tour
Project: Cabin in the Woods, Episode 3, Part 2
More framing progress has been made on the cabin, and Bob looks at what an the pitch of the roof will do for living space on the second floor. The mason is hard at work on the chimney. Bob takes a field trip to the factory in Danbury, CT where the bricks are made.
- Part 1: Building the Staircase
- Part 2: Brick Plant Tour
- Bob takes a field trip to East Windsor Hill, CT, where the bricks for the cabin project were made. Along the way, he learns about the manufacturing process bricks go through and the various machines that are involved.
- Part 3: Count Rumford Fireplace Construction
- As the mason builds a Count Rumford fireplace, he describes the foundation built to support the hearth and the variety of bricks used throughout the fireplace.
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
ALL EPISODES IN CABIN IN THE WOODS
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Historic Homes & More