- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 4: Installing Skylights and Framing the Staircase
Rigid Roof Insulation
Project: Cabin in the Woods, Episode 4, Part 1
Bob and contractor Bob Ryley install a new Cabrio skylight from Velux that opens out to create a roof balcony. Next, Ryley installs Thermasote panels on the roof, an all-in-one nailable sheathing and insulation product that's ideal for any exposed beam application. Later, Bob pays a visit to Yestermorrow Design Build School in Warren, VT.
- Part 1: Rigid Roof Insulation
- Bob helps contractor Bob Ryley install the roof insulation and the false rafter tails, or "jet blocks". Bob discusses the advantages of this type of insulation, especially its R value.
- Part 2: Visiting the Yestermorrow Design Build School
- Part 3: Skylight Installation
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
ALL EPISODES IN CABIN IN THE WOODS
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?