- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 5: Installing Windows and Doors
Installing a Gas Furnace
The Marvin windows arrive and are installed, including the specially designed triangular windows on the gable ends. Next, contractor Bob Ryley installs a beadboard back door. Also, HVAC work is underway and Bob takes a tour of the HVAC shop where all the ductwork is fabricated.
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
Also from Cabin in the Woods
Bob begins this project in a woodsy setting, and, alongside contractor Bob Ryley, discusses plans for the tiny, romantic weekend getaway cottage to be built on the site. The crew gets started right away with the new pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. The latest in streamlined septic system is installed the same day, and the crew gets started framing the first floor deck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight