- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cabin in the Woods > Episode 6: Electrical and Plumbing Work
Exterior Tour and Plumbing
Construction continues on the cabin in the woods. Electrical and plumbing work has been approach simplistically and the materials creatively chosen. Also, Bob tours the mother of all cabins, Great Camp Sagamore.
- Part 1: Exterior Tour and Plumbing
- Bob and contractor Bob Ryley tour the exterior of the cabin, whose exposed wood surfaces will pose some problems for the builders. The plumber installs a drain line for the hot tub and explains his use of PVC piping.
- Part 2: Tour of the Vanderbilts' Great Camp Sagamore
- Part 3: Wiring the Cabin
Bob Vila explores the concept of sustainable design by putting resource management theories into practice for everyday living. Projects include a pre-cast foundation system, earth-friendly septic system, energy-efficient appliances, and more.
Also from Cabin in the Woods
Bob begins this project in a woodsy setting, and, alongside contractor Bob Ryley, discusses plans for the tiny, romantic weekend getaway cottage to be built on the site. The crew gets started right away with the new pre-cast foundation system from Superior Walls of America. The latest in streamlined septic system is installed the same day, and the crew gets started framing the first floor deck.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight