- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 1: Selecting the Site
Bob Visits Oak Bluffs in Martha's Vineyard
Bob takes the ferry to the island of Martha's Vineyard, MA and tours Oak Bluffs in order soak in the town's Victorian history. An island realtor shows Bob potential sites for his nextd remodeling project. They wind up at a tiny summer cottage in picturesque East Chop.
- Part 1: Bob Visits Oak Bluffs in Martha's Vineyard
- Bob tours Oak Bluffs, a town on Martha's Vineyard steeped in Victorian history. First stop is the Wesley Hotel, whose history and location on the island Bob discusses before moving on to the Methodist Meeting grounds. Evolving from a circle of tents into small cottages, they are still decked out in Victorian trim and color schemes dating back to the 1860s.
Alan Schwikert (from Ocean Park Realty) gives Bob an overview of the island's topography and its popular places. Then Alan brings Bob to the Tabernacle, built in 1879 and still bearing much of its original ironwork and stained glass.
- Part 2: Touring Homes on Martha's Vineyard
- Part 3: The Search Ends for a Home on Martha's Vineyard
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
Also from Victorian
The crew on Martha's Vineyard begins to lay a cinder block foundation with a crawl space for storage, while Bob explains how to connect the old construction to the new. Plus, Bob travels to historic Cape May, NJ to tour Victorian homes in one of America's oldest beach resort towns. Back at the site, the carpenters start framing the new turret roof on the old cottage.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING