- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 6: Verge Board and Plumbing
Victorian Architectural Style
Project: Victorian, Episode 6, Part 1
Bob meets with a Victorian-style designer to search Martha's Vineyard for design elements he can use on the exterior of the project house in East Chop. Next, Bob takes a trip to the Jersey shore to see a fantastic Victorian "folly": Lucy the Elephant. Back at the site, Bob and contractor Bob Ryley cut a decorative verge board in the workshop and install it on one gable end. The plumber demonstrates how to expertly handle PVC.
- Part 1: Victorian Architectural Style
- Bob meets with an expert in Victorian design to look at homes with scalloped, diamond, and straight shingles. Gingerbread-style brackets and railings are also reviewed. Plus, Bob visits a Victorian garden "folly" on the Jersey Shore.
- Part 2: Reviewing the Frame and Attaching the Verge Board
- Part 3: Installing PVC Pipe
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Historic Homes & More