- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 6: Verge Board and Plumbing
Reviewing the Frame and Attaching the Verge Board
Bob meets with a Victorian-style designer to search Martha's Vineyard for design elements he can use on the exterior of the project house in East Chop. Next, Bob takes a trip to the Jersey shore to see a fantastic Victorian "folly": Lucy the Elephant. Back at the site, Bob and contractor Bob Ryley cut a decorative verge board in the workshop and install it on one gable end. The plumber demonstrates how to expertly handle PVC.
- Part 1: Victorian Architectural Style
- Part 2: Reviewing the Frame and Attaching the Verge Board
- As contractor Bob Ryley attaches the gingerbread-style verge board on one gable end of the Martha's Vineyard Victorian project, Bob remarks on the notable features of the building's wood frame.
- Part 3: Installing PVC Pipe
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
Also from Victorian
The crew on Martha's Vineyard begins to lay a cinder block foundation with a crawl space for storage, while Bob explains how to connect the old construction to the new. Plus, Bob travels to historic Cape May, NJ to tour Victorian homes in one of America's oldest beach resort towns. Back at the site, the carpenters start framing the new turret roof on the old cottage.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight