- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 7: Porch, Windows, and Shingles
Installing Cedar Shingles
Construction of the front entry porch begins on the Martha's Vineyard project house. Bob and contractor Bob Ryley remark on the custom windows' features and demonstrate their installation. Up on the roof of the newly completed turret, cedar shingles are applied, even in tricky spots.
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
Also from Victorian
The crew on Martha's Vineyard begins to lay a cinder block foundation with a crawl space for storage, while Bob explains how to connect the old construction to the new. Plus, Bob travels to historic Cape May, NJ to tour Victorian homes in one of America's oldest beach resort towns. Back at the site, the carpenters start framing the new turret roof on the old cottage.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways