- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 7: Electrical Wiring and Window Installation
Thomas Edison Home Tours
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 7, Part 2
The electrician takes a break from wiring to explain how several different circuits, or "home runs", work together in the master bedroom suite. In Fort Meyers, FL, Bob explores Thomas Edison's winter home and laboratory.. And back at the site, contractor Larry Landers re-installs a large picture window in the family room.
- Part 1: Wiring the Home Addition
- Part 2: Thomas Edison Home Tours
- Bob tours homes that were designed by Thomas Edison. Built in Maine before being shipped to Florida, the homes are surrounded by indiginous plantings, and the decor has remained untouched since Edison's time.
- Part 3: Picture Window Installation
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Historic Homes & More