- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 9: Waterproofing the Deck and Framing the Porch Roof
Applying Rubber Roofing and Flashing
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 9, Part 2
Bob checks in to see how the exterior trim is being applied on the new roof. He also monitors the master bedroom suite to oversee the waterproofing of the private deck with rubber roofing. Progress on the farmer's porch continues as carpenters frame the roof.
- Part 1: Applying Exterior Trim to the Dormer Window
- Part 2: Applying Rubber Roofing and Flashing
- The crew is on the new roof deck applying a rubber roofing material. A thin layer of adhesive is applied and allowed to set before the the rubber is rolled into place. Bob also discusses the flashing rubber that will be installed around the railing.
- Part 3: Framing the Porch Roof
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Roofing & Siding