- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 14: Installing the Boiler and Drywall
Blueboard and Plaster
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 14, Part 3
Bob looks on as the plumber installs the new boiler. Out in the garage, Bob meets with contractor Bob Ryley to help install the garage door opener. And, back inside, drywall and plaster are going up, and Bob learns a few application tips from the professionals.
- Part 1: Hot Water Boiler Installation
- Part 2: Garage Door Opener Installation
- Part 3: Blueboard and Plaster
- Bob joins plastering contractor Bob Fragakis, who will install blueboard, then apply a skim coat of plaster over it. Fragakis explains the tools and materials used to smooth the plaster, deal with joints and corners, and prevent future cracks.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Walls & Ceilings