- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Split-Level Ranch > Episode 1: Selecting the House
Bob begins the Plymouth, MA project by getting to know the community. The landmark tour includes visits to the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock, and the Jenney Grist Mill. Next, Bob goes house-hunting with a realtor. At one home in particular, performs a structural and cosmetic inspection before agreeing to buy.
Bob Vila is in Plymouth, MA, to oversee the remodel of a worn-out, 17-year-old raised ranch with problems familiar to many homeowners. The façade is re-sided and repainted, windows are replaced, and a new entry is built. Inside, the new bath and kitchen, which are added, provide the project highlights.
Also from Split-Level Ranch
Bob must deal with an overloaded septic system by replacing the old clogged tank and leach field. Since the bathroom has already been gutted, plumbers begin to install new fixtures. Contractor Bob Ryley demonstrates how to install a 48-pane window in the front addition. Bob also consults with a landscape architect, who shares ideas about dressing up the yard.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide