- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Split-Level Ranch > Episode 4: Septic System, Bathroom Fixtures, and Windows
Reviewing the Landscape
Project: Split-Level Ranch, Episode 4, Part 3
Bob must deal with an overloaded septic system by replacing the old clogged tank and leach field. Since the bathroom has already been gutted, plumbers begin to install new fixtures. Contractor Bob Ryley demonstrates how to install a 48-pane window in the front addition. Bob also consults with a landscape architect, who shares ideas about dressing up the yard.
- Part 1: Replacing the Septic System
- Part 2: Installing New Bathroom Fixtures
- Part 3: Reviewing the Landscape
- Bob meets with a landscaper to discuss the existing plantings, some of which will be removed or cut back to maximize the amount of interior light. Trees, shrubs, and a trellis are recommended to create a barrier between the yard and the road.
Bob Vila is in Plymouth, MA, to oversee the remodel of a worn-out, 17-year-old raised ranch with problems familiar to many homeowners. The façade is re-sided and repainted, windows are replaced, and a new entry is built. Inside, the new bath and kitchen, which are added, provide the project highlights.
ALL EPISODES IN SPLIT-LEVEL RANCH
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?