- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Split-Level Ranch > Episode 8: Fireplace and Deck
Redressing the Fireplace
Bob dresses up the fireplace to give it a Colonial look. Next, Bob tours the John Quincy Adams House in Quincy, MA for inspiration. Back at the site, the deck is installed. Then Bob heads to picturesque Nantucket to see the father of all backyard decks.
Bob Vila is in Plymouth, MA, to oversee the remodel of a worn-out, 17-year-old raised ranch with problems familiar to many homeowners. The façade is re-sided and repainted, windows are replaced, and a new entry is built. Inside, the new bath and kitchen, which are added, provide the project highlights.
Also from Split-Level Ranch
Bob begins the Plymouth, MA project by getting to know the community. The landmark tour includes visits to the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock, and the Jenney Grist Mill. Next, Bob goes house-hunting with a realtor. At one home in particular, performs a structural and cosmetic inspection before agreeing to buy.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight