- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Split-Level Ranch > Episode 12: Plate Rack Construction
Altering Landscape Plans
Bob builds a dining room plate rack from scratch and finishes it with an antique paint job. Bob has decided on some landscape changes, so they begin to transplant shrubs, plant perennials, and sod the lawn. Also, Bob hunts for a carpet for the living room, while trying to get the best value.
Bob Vila is in Plymouth, MA, to oversee the remodel of a worn-out, 17-year-old raised ranch with problems familiar to many homeowners. The façade is re-sided and repainted, windows are replaced, and a new entry is built. Inside, the new bath and kitchen, which are added, provide the project highlights.
Also from Split-Level Ranch
Bob begins the Plymouth, MA project by getting to know the community. The landmark tour includes visits to the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock, and the Jenney Grist Mill. Next, Bob goes house-hunting with a realtor. At one home in particular, performs a structural and cosmetic inspection before agreeing to buy.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight