- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 7: Swimming Pool and Cooling System
Installing an Attic Fan
Excavation begins for the new swimming pool, as Bob looks to beat the summer heat. Everyone knows there is nothing better than cooling down with air conditioning, so Bob installs an HVAC unit in the attic. Ventilation is also important, and the attic is insulated and a new fan is installed for air circulation.
- Part 1: Plans for the Swimming Pool
- Part 2: Installing the Air-Conditioning System
- Part 3: Installing an Attic Fan
- If air conditioning is out of reach, the next best way to beat the Florida heat is by putting a ceiling fan in the attic of the house. Bob and the installer discuss the advantages and drawbacks of this approach.
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.