- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 8: Constructing the Swimming Pool and Shower Stall
Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
Project: Cracker Cottage, Episode 8, Part 3
Pool construction continues with gunite being sprayed over reinforcing bars to form the walls and floor. In New York City, Bob tours a sister project, the conversion of an abandoned tenement into affordable housing. Finally, cultured marble is cut and assembled in the bathroom to create a shower stall.
- Part 1: Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
- Part 2: Gunite Cement in Swimming Pool Construction
- Part 3: Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
- Bob travels to meet retired developer Jim Ross in New York City, where the two discuss the revitalization of the South Street Seaport and not-for-profit undertakings.
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
ALL EPISODES IN CRACKER COTTAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Historic Homes & More