- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 8: Constructing the Swimming Pool and Shower Stall
Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
Pool construction continues with gunite being sprayed over reinforcing bars to form the walls and floor. In New York City, Bob tours a sister project, the conversion of an abandoned tenement into affordable housing. Finally, cultured marble is cut and assembled in the bathroom to create a shower stall.
- Part 1: Installing Cultured Marble Shower Walls
- Part 2: Gunite Cement in Swimming Pool Construction
- Part 3: Meeting Jim Ross in NYC
- Bob travels to meet retired developer Jim Ross in New York City, where the two discuss the revitalization of the South Street Seaport and not-for-profit undertakings.
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.