- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 13: House Tour
Decorating the Cottage Interior
Bob tours the finished cracker cottage, starting with the lawn and garden. Next, he moves onto the interior design and spends time shopping for vintage furniture to achieve a comfortable 1940s look. Finally, Bob takes a look at the finished porch and pool, and reviews the beautiful finished project with the architect.
- Part 1: Landscape Tour of the Cracker Cottage
- Part 2: Decorating the Cottage Interior
- Bob joins the interior designer for a shopping trip. The designer aims to achieve a comfortable 1940s vintage look. Bob and the designer also visit an upholstery shop where they get hold of two special chairs for the cottage.
- Part 3: Final Tour of the Porch, Swimming Pool, and Interior
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
Also from Cracker Cottage
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight