- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Two-Family Greystone > Episode 9: Budgeting and Tiling
Shopping for Appliances
Bob discusses the budget and progress to date with general contractor Ron Gan and realtor Catherine Caravette. Then Bob compares kitchen appliances with Bruce Wolfson at the Merchandise Mart's Irv Wolfson Showroom. At the project house, tile setter Roger Knecht does a "mud job" on the bathroom floor before laying the tile pattern.
Bob Vila tracks the progress of a two-family greystone in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood that is undergoing renovation. The project documents a low-budget upgrade of the building's two apartments and concludes with a decorator's tour showcasing the eye-catching results.
Also from Two-Family Greystone
Bob and general contractor Ron Gan discuss the removal and shoring up of bearing walls, which are to be replaced by special engineered beams. Bob visits David Parker at Macmillan-Bloedel's Parallam Plant in Vancouver, BC to see how those beams are manufactured. Also, plumber Don McPoland shows us how the new water service is connected to the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight