- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Chicago Coach House > Episode 7: Fireplace and Staircase
Tour of Hill Arboretum
Project: Chicago Coach House, Episode 7, Part 2
Bob tours the Hill Arboretum, a new apartment project designed for the physically challenged, with project developer Don Gustavson. Back at the coach house, fireplace dealer Kris Renier explains how the new zero-clearance fireplace works, and how to install it. Ironmonger Frank Szablewski constructs an iron staircase and balcony entryway outside the front door.
- Part 1: Installing a Zero-Clearance Fireplace
- Part 2: Tour of Hill Arboretum
- Bob tours Hill Arboretum, an apartment project designed for the physically challenged. Each unit is equipped with wheelchair-bound tenants in mind. Project developer Don Gustavson is Bob's guide.
- Part 3: Installing an Iron Staircase
A coach house in Chicago is reborn! This project includes gutting and rebuilding the interior structure, finishing the basement, and adding a roof dormer. Local artists even show Bob how to give the newly renovated home some panache with a creative, Chicago-style decorating approach and faux-finish painting techniques.
ALL EPISODES IN CHICAGO COACH HOUSE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?